Recently, January 2019, Peter McIntyre, former Australian government director and vaccine advisor of 20 years for the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS) was involved in writing an article with Julie Leask, Margaret Burgess and Kerrie Wiley that critiqued my PhD thesis. This article was written three years after my PhD thesis was published by the University of Wollongong and it contains significant flaws and false claims.
These authors, particularly Peter McIntyre and Margaret Burgess, have a significant conflict of interest in writing this critique because they are defending their own recommendations in government vaccination policies for the last 22 years. Margaret Burgess was the founding director of the NCIRS in 1997 and Peter McIntyre took over from 2005 – 2018. The other two authors, Leask and Wiley, have done research that has been used by the NCIRS for government policies and position statements.
In their critique, Julie Leask and Peter McIntyre, admit that neither of them have read my entire PhD thesis. This would explain why my arguments and the evidence that I have provided has been misrepresented in the critique.
I am also concerned that these government representatives that profess to be interested in a debate on ‘children’s health’ have written a strongly critical article on my accepted university research without being interested enough to read the entire thesis.
Here is a link to my response to the McIntyre, Leask, Burgess and Wiley critque exposing the flaws in their critique and the false information they have provided – ‘Judy Wilyman’s response to the Wiley, McIntyre, Leask, Burgess, Article in the Vaccine Journal 2019
Since my thesis was completed in December 2015 Peter McIntyre, former director of the NCIRS, has been involved in:
- Providing false information to the media about my PhD research
- Refusing to publicly debate my research at a Q and A Panel discussion at the University of Technology Sydney (15 October 2015). This debate was organised to discuss the proposed No Jab No Pay policies that were implemented in Australia in January 2016.
- Peter McIntyre has supported ~60 academics at the University of Wollongong to promote the government’s claims about vaccine safety and efficacy on the University of Wollongong website (January 2016) even though these academics have never researched the science in the government’s vaccination policies. This occurred immediately after my in-depth PhD thesis was published on the UOW website in January 2016. This is deceiving the public about the validity of the government’s claims about vaccine safety and efficacy.
- In 2016 Peter McIntyre declined to permit his PhD thesis on the HIB vaccine completed in 1994 to be published in Open Repository on the University of Sydney website – as mine has been on the University of Wollongong website. This limits the ability of the scientific community to scrutinise the academic rigour of his PhD. In contrast mine has received global scrutiny since it was published and the UOW is standing by this research.
- Peter McIntyre was involved in a court case in September 2018 in which my affidavit was leaked to the Sydney Morning Herald and he is quoted in this SMH article making false claims about my qualifications and my PhD research. The leaking of my affidavit is currently being investigated by the Australian Federal Police as it is a federal crime to leak an expert witness report to the media when it is still before the courts and it is punishable with up to one year in jail.
These actions and strategies used by Peter McIntyre and the industry-associated lobby groups including the Australian Medical Association (AMA) and the Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) have resulted in the Australian public receiving false and misleading information on vaccines through the State and Federal Health Departments and in the Australian mainstream media.