The Australian mainstream media continues to provide false and misleading information about the public’s request for choice in vaccination. The new political party IMOP – the Involuntary Medication Objector’s (VAccination/Fluoride) Party – is being misrepresented as an ‘anti-vaccination’ party. This political party is standing for choice in all medical interventions and vaccines have always been a choice in Australia until the Liberal government mandated 12-16 vaccines in social services policies in 2016.
This is a breach of our human right to choose what we inject into our bodies because many families can no longer get the welfare benefits they depend upon or enrol their children in early childcare education without giving their children a minimum of 12 vaccines. Called the ‘No Jab No Pay and Play‘ policies.
Here is the beginning of the speech that I presented at the launch of the Involuntary Medication Objector’s Party on Sunday 28 April 2019:
- I am pleased to have this opportunity to represent the people of WA in the Senate on the important issue of health. Our specific concerns are in relation to the mass medication of the healthy population with vaccines and fluoride. We are also very concerned about the attack on the natural health and allied health professions in Australia that are founded on nutritional and holistic practices that should form the basis of preventative health policies.
- It is also of great concern that the Australian mainstream media will not provide a balanced coverage on these health issues. The media will only present the issue of vaccines as ‘anti-vaccination’ or a ‘conspiracy theory’ and journalists and health departments are not using objective science to promote vaccines to the public. They are using science provided by the vaccine industry-medical paradigm.
- The majority of Australians want choice in the number of vaccines that they use and this medical intervention has always been a choice in Australia, for over 60 years, yet Scott Morrison and Christian Porter mandated the full vaccination schedule – 16 vaccines in coercive welfare, childcare and employment policies in 2016 – this was at a time when there was no increased risk from these diseases in Australia. Why?
- Few adults in this room have used all of these 16 vaccines that are now mandated for children in order for parents to receive between $10,000 – $30,000 per child per year in welfare benefits and early childhood education enrolment.
- Is this policy about health or bribing people to use all the vaccines that have been developed? Most people in this room are considered ‘unvaccinated’ under this policy and you need to ask yourselves how many vaccines you are prepared to use in your children and do you know the ingredients of these vaccines that you are injecting into your infants? Will you be prepared to use 16+ vaccines when the legislation is passed for adults?
- It is also unscientific to recommend that a drug be mandated in a genetically diverse population because it is known that many individuals will be seriously harmed from this policy due to genetic pre-disposition. This is playing Russian roulette with children’s health.
To read the rest of this speech please click here.
For a pamphlet summarising the main arguments in my PhD thesis investigating the control of infectious diseases in Australia please click here.